Because of this, you could experience leaks.
Faulty gutter systems can be a clue that there is a leak or one is going to happen. RJI recommends that you have your gutter system inspected before any heavy snows and before the summer becomes wet. This way you are tackling maintenance problems before they become bigger and much more expensive to fix.
Your gutter inspection involves many areas, although it may not seem like it.
Our gutter service will check your gutters for damages. We look at:
- Fasteners – These are the connections that hold the gutters to the fascia. They may be nailed or screwed in place. Checking them for corrosion and replacing those that are damaged can prevent costly repairs. Misaligned fasteners must also be taken care of because they can penetrate the membrane of the roof and cause a leak.
- Drip edges and eaves – There are areas in the gutter system where the metal flashing at the roof’s edge holds the fascia in place. This keeps water from entering the sub fascia and making its way into the soffits, ceilings, and walls. This is an area that has to be inspected for problems so that any signs of trouble can be evaluated.
- Downspouts – Downspouts that are clogged can become a very serious issue when storms and heavy rains batter your home. Checking for clogged downspouts can be difficult when there are so many angles and bends in the spout and channel. Do not try to clean angled downspouts with sticks or wires because damage can occur. Sections of the downspout may have to be removed to reach any clogged areas.
- Seams – Even with seamless gutters, there are seams where the corners come together and where the gutter connects to downspouts. These areas are checked for water damage to ensure the wall, roof and foundation is not experiencing leaks.
As gutter contractors, we naturally see a lot of gutter issues. We look for the most common signs of damage which include:
- Staining on siding and surrounding areas
- Sagging that can cause water to splash out and onto the structure
- Mold and mildew where water has leaked out,
- Damp basement that is the result of water pooling around the foundation
If you notice any of these issues, it is important to call us as soon as possible so that we can take care of the problem to ensure it does not persist. We can also take care of the damaged areas of the exterior.
Seamless gutters are the most innovative development in gutter systems. Our gutter company can install these gutters that ensure there are fewer places for leaks and they are durable.
Because there are fewer joints, there are fewer failure points. You can also invest in gutter leafs to keep debris out of them, making them very low maintenance.
Call For A Free Estimate
Tell us about your gutters so we can come to your home or business in Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin and inspect your gutters, to advise you of the best course of action.